Elements of Mechanical Engineering PDF (EME)- All Units
All the concepts which comes under the Subject of Elements of Mechanical Engineering are presented below.Just click on the links to navigate through the article in detailed. The content w.r.t. the syllabus are categorised under 6 units.
First, the syllabus of Elements of Mechanical Engineering was written under each unit and a Link was provided below at the end so that you can easily navigate through it.
Elements of Mechanical Engineering:
The Elements of Mechanical Engineering is a broad subject and under which the contents were presented in Unit wise.
Unit-1: Basic Concepts of Thermodynamics
Visit the below links:
Unit 2:Internal Combustion Engines
Heat Engine,Classification of Heat Engines, Classification of IC Engines,Components of IC Engines, IC Engines Nomenclature,Performance Parameters of IC Engines, Advantages of IC Engines over EC Engines
For the above Information, Click Here
Lubrication of IC Engines-Properties of Lubricant and Types of Lubrication Systems
- SI Engine and Derivation of Otto Cycle
- Working of 4 stroke CI Engine and Diesel Cycle
- Working of 2 stroke SI & CI Engines (will be updated soon)
- Difference between SI Engines and CI Engines
2.2 Steam Power Plant, Boilers, Steam Turbines:
- The layout of Steam Power Plant
- Simple Cross Tube Vertical Boiler
- Water Tube and Fire Tube Boilers
- Cochran Boiler
- Babcock and Wilcox Boiler
- High-Pressure Boilers (Benson Boiler and La-mont Boiler)
2.3 Steam Turbine
- Impulse Turbines and Reaction Turbines
Unit 3: Pumps, Turbines, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
3.1 Hydraulic Pumps and Turbines
- Centrifugal Pump
- Reciprocating Pump
- Pelton Wheel Turbine
- Francis Turbine
- Kaplan Turbine
- Hydraulic Turbine: Definition, Classification, Advantages, Disadvantages & Applications
3.2 Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems
- Basic Concepts of Refrigeration
- Vapor Compression Refrigeration Cycle
- Vapor Absorption Refrigeration Cycle
- Introduction to Air Conditioning
- Summer and Winter Air Conditioning System
- Comfort Parameters of AC (Updated Soon)
Unit 4: Engineering Materials
- Classification of Engineering Materials
- Mechanical Properties of Materials
- Ferrous Materials-Constituents of Cast Iron and Types of Cast Iron
- Manufacture of Steel by Bessemer Converter and
- Manufacture of Steel by Electric Arc Furnace Method
- Types of Steels and their properties
- Non-Ferrous Metals: Properties and Applications of Aluminium & Alloys, Copper & Alloys.
- Composite Materials-Types, Fabrication methods.
- Ceramics-Properties and Applications.
Unit 5: Transmission Systems
Concepts under Transmission systems will be updated soon...
Unit 6: Robot and Sensors
6.1 Introduction, Definition Components of Robot and Classification of Robot, Vision Sensing, SCU, RCU
6.2 CNC Machine Tools:
It will be updated soon...