60 CAD Projects for Mechanical Engineering Students [In Detail]
CAD or CAM plays a vital role in the field of Mechanical Engineering. As we already know that CAD stands for Computer-Aided Design and CAM stands for Computer-Aided Manufacturing.
To do the analysis, the modelling of the product has to be made using CAD software and If any operation is to be applied on that product, then it should have to undergo the manufacturing process using CAM Software.
Finally, the analysis was made on that product. In this article, I will be explaining about the CAD Projects for Mechanical Engineering in a broader way.
First come to Analysis:
The compulsory parameter in the analysis part is the application of load. Depending upon the application of load only, the stresses develop inside the material and theses stresses (Vonmises stress) should be less than the yield point of the material. Then only the material is safe else it is of a failure case. For that, the suitable CAD or CAM Projects are chosen from this list which I am providing below for all the mechanical graduates or students.
List of CAD or CAM Projects for Mechanical Engineering Aspirants:
- Analytical investigation of rake contact and friction behavior in different metal cuttings.
- Shop Floor Monitoring System.
- Analysis of Loader Arm of pneumatic High-Speed Loader.
- Computer-Aided Analysis of Four bar Mechanism.
- Analysis of loader arm of pneumatic High-speed Loader.
- Optimization of high speed turning parameters of superalloy Inconel 718 material using the Taguchi technique.
- Analysis of plastic components using Pro-E.
- Design of component and parameterization using Solid Edge software.
- Die design and analysis of progressive tool for the coca-cola bottle cap.
- Computer-controlled Drilling Machine.
- Developments of a hot forging life of a die.
- Design of power filter using Pro-E.
- 3D Modeling and Finite Element Analysis of First Molar Human Tooth using ANSYS Software.
- Cutting strategies for manufacturing of forging die on CNC milling machines
- Wear analysis of hot forging dies in ANSYS Software.
- A problem with Cryogenics is modeled and analyzed using NX and ANSYS Software.
- Machine Monitoring System.
- Effect of the Orientation angle of Elliptical hole on residual stresses and expansion of Plastic zone in thermoplastic composite plates under In-plane loading.
- Injection Mould tool design and Mould flow analysis of Exhaust fan in ANSYS software.
- Influence of cutting parameters on thrust force and torque in the drilling of Aluminum, Cast Iron, EN 28.
- Motor Shaft Positioning Indicator.
- Automatic Tool Store system.
- Mechanical properties of Friction Stir butt welding of AI7475 & AI 6061.
- Parameterization of components using Pro – E software.
- Influences of thermal stresses on multiple holes in a thermoplastic composite disc.
- Computer Controlled Servo Indexing Table.
- Programmable Ratio Controller.
- Friction analysis in cold forging by the usage of ANSYS software.
- Stress analysis of functionally graded discs under mechanical and thermal loads in ANSYS software.
- Programmable Drilling Machine.
- Analysis of the warm forging process in ANSYS Workbench.
- CNC Pallet Changer for Drilling Machine.
- Design of high-pressure pump using CAD.
- Effect of friction stir welding parameters of speed on the transient temperature distribution of Al 360& 7475.
- Tool life performances, wear mechanisms, and surface roughness characteristics when turning customized and quenched AISI 52100 Bearing Steel with Ceramics and CBN/TiC cutting tools.
- Computer Controlled PCB Drilling Machine.
- Auto Shape Finder.
- Programmable Hopper with Computer Control.
- Press tool analysis using CATIA software.
- Selective Inventory Control.
- Finite Element analysis of the effect of motorcycle helmet material against impact velocity during an accident.
- Hardened ability testing of Carbon Steel.
- Aerofoil Blades propeller.
- Strengthening car bumper in load-bearing direction by the usage of materials of Impact ABS Plastic and Carbon Fiber-Reinforced Polymer IM7.
- Computer-Based Color Identification System.
- Quality Inspection Using Image Processing.
- 3D Modeling and Finite Element Analysis of Human Bone using ANSYS software
- Tire design and manufacturing using DELCAM.
- Failure response of a single bolted composite joints under various preloads.
- Optimization of welding parameters for MIG welding.
- Failure cause analysis of welded joints.
- Effect of tire overload and inflation pressure on rolling loss (resistance) and fuel consumption of automobile and truck tires.
- Elasto-Plastic Deformation Process of Cold Rolling.
- Analysis of connecting rod using ANSYS.
- Production line monitoring system.
- PC based Plate Cutting Machine.
- Programmable gas cutting machine.
- Coolant Monitoring System.
- Blow mold tool design and manufacturing process for 1ltr pet bottle.
- Design and Fabrication of propeller shaft.
So these are my Favorited CAD or CAM project list, you can choose anyone from this list.
Do you need any further help? No issue! Feel free to post your queries in the comment section, we will get back to you within 24 Hrs.
More Resources:Computer Aided Process Planning
References [External Links]:
- AutoCAD | Student & Educator Software | Autodesk
- Autodesk Training