6 Things You can do for a Mechanical Engineering Degree & 7 Reasons for Unemployment: Hey guys, this is a very special lecture for all the students of mechanical engineering. As you know that mechanical is the oldest group and it is also an evergreen field, but it is also a common question in front of all that, how and what to do after engineering with a Mechanical Engineering Degree. So, In this article, I will be listing out
Because everyone needs a brighter career, but it is very difficult to find a better opportunity. Do you know why mechanical engineers are always in demand..?this is because of the fascinating feature called application feature and we have numerous or plenty of options to choose from mechanical engineering. So in this article, I am going to explain the best option that we can prefer with a Mechanical Engineering Degree so that the right path is followed.
Mechanical Engineering Degree-6 Things You can do:
The 6 things that you need to take care of after Mechanical Engineering are shown below. You should have to opt w.r.t.your situation.
1.Involvement of various fields:
If you have a Mechanical Engineering Degree with you then You can involve in various fields like
- Design and Analysis of mechanical systems.
By the Mechanical Engineering Degree, You should have a Knowledge on various aspects of
- Computer applications(tips and tricks)
- Software applications
- Basic modeling (sketching)
Buy this we can say that Mechanical Engineering has a brighter career by choosing any module.
3.Chances with Mechanical Engineering Degree:
A mechanical engineer can have a chance in
4.Jobs with Mechanical Engineering Degree:
- If you have completed your engineering degree and your first and best preference is to do a job then you should have to opt to
- Every PSU is opening the doors if and only if, the students are qualifying with the GATE score.
- Previously, the required students for the available posts are very less and at that time, the management takes the regular tests but now, as the jobs are very less and the student's applicability is very high and that's the reason every PSU is conducting an entry into the PSU through the GATE score only. So everyone has to participate in the GATE exam in order to write well and that makes entry into the PSU.
Read: Best 18 Govt PSU’s for Mechanical Engineering-Eligibility, Selection Process & Pay Scales
If you have knowledge in the field of design, then the possibilities are very high in the market. Because design engineers are considered to be attracted to high packages and for that, you need to learn the mechanical software's like
- AUTOCAD(Basic software)
- Modeling Software(Creo, CATIA, NX, Solid Works)
- Analysis Software(ANSYS)
- Meshing Software(Hypermesh)
Read: Which Mechanical Software’s should learn by a Mechanical Engineering student?
Not only design, but Mechanical Engineers are also capable to enter into other fields like
- Maintenance(Maintenance engineers)
6.GATE Coaching with/without Mechanical Engineering Degree:
You can also go to GATE Coaching before or after Mechanical Engineering. You can strive hard over there and get success.
Read: Best GATE Coaching center in INDIA
since many of the companies are offering the apprenticeship or internship also in the above fields. Therefore you can get great knowledge in the industrial domains also.
These are the different reasons that you need to take care if you want to succeed after Mechanical Engineering. If you want to add your valuable thoughts, you can tell us from the comments section.
7 Reasons for the Mechanical Engg.student to become a Victim of Unemployment:
Whenever you say to anyone that I am a Mechanical Engineering student, then they will say, Arey Bhai "Yeh tho Evergreen Branch Hai".Now to the current position, the mechanical engineering student thinks w.r.t. the stranger's voice is "Kya baingan ka Evergreen hai", No jobs, nothing.
- Generally, Mechanical Engineering is called the mother of all the branches of Engineering because if you see, the mechanical engineering systems are basically equipped with Electrical, Software, Mechanical, Robotics, etc.
- We(Mechanical Engineering Students) are strong enough to face any hurdles in life. We can stand in the hot weather, make ourselves dirty with oil, and can do the work much more effectively without any tiredness.
- After, all these achievements embedded in the Mechanical Engineering student, they are still victims of Un-employment. How is this possible and what are the reasons for a Mechanical Engineering student to become the victim of unemployment was discussed in this article.
Top 7 Reasons for a Mechanical Engineering student to become the victim of Unemployment are as follows:
The 7 reasons for a Mechanical Engineering student are as follows:
1.Colleges or Universities behavior:
This plays an important role in the life of a Mechanical Engineering student. The exposure of every student depends upon the behavior of college only. If the college is unable to produce the best students, then it is the responsibility of the college to change their behavior to make the student as well as college successful.
- Most of the colleges are still using the old syllabus. They are not at all aware of the latest technology. Whereas private organizations can make their syllabus in their own way and which is far better than the Govt. colleges.
- Moreover, the students cannot take active participation in various activities but they take passive participation in writing assignments, lab notes, lab records, etc. during their entire course.
- In order to make the college and student success, the management has to change their behavior by providing the best syllabus and active participation in all the activities.
2.Waste of Time:
- Most of the engineering students can waste their valuable time by chit-chatting in the class, chatting on the WhatsApp, available 24 hours on Facebook, etc.
- If they use this time in any other activity, they can be successful. Consider me(Assistant Professor by Designation & Mechanical Blogger @ www.mechanicalstudents.com by passion). I had started my journey from Engineering Final year and recently I had credited an amount of $100 from Google Adsense. This has to be adopted away from our academic curriculum.
- If they are unable to cope up with time, then they cannot stand in the real world.
3.Lack of Participation:
- Apart from the theoretical, students have to explore their ideas to practical applications also.
- For that, they should have to visit industries to understand in a better way.
- The top colleges get permission very easily but the small colleges are unable to get permission and this makes the lack of participation in industrial applications.
- Again, if the college stands in all the situations, then the Mechanical Engineering student can be successful at the initial stages itself.
- The assignments are playing a big role in all the Engineering colleges today in India. Assignments are also present in other countries but there is no chance to be photocopied because each and every assignment is to be passed through a test.
- If he/she takes below 25% of the information from (Google) or Textbooks then only the assignment is to be considered. Else it is not.
- Whereas in India, we can take the photocopies of our friend and do the business of "Copy and Paste".
- From this, we can get nothing. But you can get the best reward of
Effort =Physical Effort;
Mental Effort =Zero;
Time = Waste;
Time saved = Zero.
5.Choosing Of Electives:
- Mostly, electives are the one which can be useful for a Mechanical Engineering student to make his career successful because these electives may play a role in your job also.
- But, most of the colleges do not ask the students about their interest, instead, they can choose any of the subjects to depend upon the faculty available.
- By this how can the student be helpful?
- If the management is closing the chance of choosing electives in their semesters.How the student can be successful. So, this has to be changed first.
6.Mechanical Designer Job:
- If you ask any student of Mechanical Engineering about what do you want to become in your future then he will say "Sir, Mechanical Designer, sir".
- But considering reality, only 2%-5% of the students can get the Mechanical Engineering job, and the rest of the Mechanical Engineering students are placed as Maintenance Engineer, Quality Control, Managers, etc.
- As they think that they are going to make their future as a designer, but they cannot find the needs to become a Mechanical Designer.
- They just pass the time and they think that they will sit in AC rooms, draw some 2D sketches in AUTOCAD, etc. But, this does not hold good for a Mechanical Engineering Student.
- So, their interest has to be changed w.r.t. any field in Mechanical Engineering. Then only they can survive else it is impossible to survive in Mechanical Engineering.
- Most of the engineering students can read one day before the examination and can get the marks very easily bypassing all the subjects.
- They are very intelligent that they can crack any subject however the question paper it might be.
- But, their knowledge is up to writing the question paper only. When the exam is completed they can forget everything.
- When they go to the interview they cannot able to recollect the basic information also.
- So, this has to be avoided by listening to the class lectures every day, writing the notes, and paying attention to the latest technologies in their field.
So, these are the Top 7 Reasons for a Mechanical Engineering student to become the victim of Unemployment. If the Mechanical Engineering student focuses on all these reasons, then he might be able to pick any job of their interest in their core region.
Apart from that, You should have knowledge of how to participate in Group Discussions. Considering that, I had listed out some of the Do's and Dont's during Group Discussion and they are as follows.
4. Do’s and don’ts during a Group Discussion:
Group discussion is one of the turning points in the interview process which is conducted after the written test in the company. Many companies conduct group discussions to filter the candidates according to their requirements.
This is because, if the company wants to recruit for 10 posts, the applicants are in thousands and that’s the reason the company needs to filter the applicants by written test and by group discussion. Recruiters mainly focus on your skills like confidence, communication skills, and your ability to manage with a group.
If you want to participate in the group discussion for getting a job, you need to follow certain rules and regulations and that was discussed in this article in the name of Dos and don’ts during group discussion.
Do’s and don’ts during a group discussion:
As you have to participate in a Group Discussion. Several questions spring across your mind. You want to know what actions and gestures can get you positive points and what can cost you the selection. Here’s a list of Dos and Don’ts of participating in the GD.
Do’s in a Group Discussion:
- Enter into the hall with a full of Presence. Don’t carry any negative situations that you had encountered previously else it will impact your current situation.
- Be confident.
- Introduce yourself with a warm smile and make your introduction short.
- Have eye contact with all group members when you start the conversation.
- Learn to listen.
- You must listen to what your group members state about the topic given. You may get some important points/negative points from them so that you can highlight them.
- When you are asked questions by your fellow group person, be polite, and answer him.
- Be a good team player. Move with all group members and help them when needed.
- Try to take initiation in a group discussion.
- When a group member speaks against you with the intention of harming you or making you get angry, be cool. Understand that there is no reason for you to get into a temper when you are in a group discussion. Else, they can think that you cannot hold/work in high pressures.
- Concise your discussed points during the discussion and by expressing them shortly, you can end the group discussion.
- At the end of the session, say thanks to all your fellow group members.
Don’ts in a group discussion:
13. Don’t wear colorful dresses. Be simple with light-colored Shirts.
14. Don’t use strong perfumes. The strong perfume may irritate others.
15. Don’t lean over the chair constantly and be expressive to the current situation.
16. Don’t use heavy make-ups and attractive jewelry in a group discussion.
17. Don’t make gestures while another person is speaking his ideas.
18. Don’t react in a harsh way or don’t take anything seriously which may end up with false situations.
19. Don’t be serious all the time during group discussions.
20. When you are frequently interrupted by a person, ask him not to disturb you. Don’t speak in anger.
21. Don’t argue. Remember a group discussion is a place of expressing ideas. Everyone is free to express. Many of the companies’ shares their ideas with the help of group discussion only.
22. Don’t be harsh when you are interrupted. Tell the person politely that he can speak after you have finished.
23. Don’t interrupt another person while he is addressing his ideas.
24. Don’t try to push your ideas to others.
Remember in a group discussion, you will watch by an interviewer. As he remains silent and takes note of you and each member in a group discussion.
So compose yourself and before entering a group discussion hall, know about what you need to do and what not to do. And I think that I had put some of the situations before you.try to concentrate them when you are going for your next interview.
You can also know about:
I hope this article is helpful to you. If you have any doubts or If you want to add your suggestions, You can tell us from the comments section.
Don't forget to share this post.